PM Narendra Modi Highlights: India’s Longest Bridge To Be Named After Singer Bhupen Hazarika
Today, three years ago, the Modi government took charge after a landslide win in 2014 over the Congress-led government which has ruled the country for 10 years. To mark the three-year anniversary of the BJP-led government as well as one year in Assam, PM Narendra Modi is visiting the northeastern state today, where he will inaugurate a series of projects. PM Modi a while ago inaugurated the country’s longest river bridge, the Dhola-Sadiya bridge, in Tinsukia district. He will also lay the foundation stone of the Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) Assam at Gogamukh in Dhemaji district at noon, where he will address a public rally too.
Here are the live updates of PM Narendra Modi addressing people of Assam:
- The bridge that you’ve been waiting for main years is here now.
- I urge you to take out your mobile phones, turn on the flashlight and the send the signal of how big a festival this is.
- Brothers and sisters, it is my good fortune to come to this land – where Sri Krishna had once set foot.
- The bridge that you’ve been waiting for the last five decades, today you have got it.
- If Atal ji’s government were re-elected in 2004, you would have got this bridge 10 years ago.
- Our lawmaker at that time had requested for the bridge and Atal ji’s government ordered a feasibility study.
- If the work had gone on track then you would have got this bridge 10 years ago.
- But then the government changed and there were obstacles, so your dream was delayed.
- Then in the last three years all efforts were made to realise Atal ji’s dream.
- Today when the BJP government in Assam is completing a year, Assam’s problems are being solved one by one.
- This bridge is not just a reason of Assam’s pride but that of the entire country.
- One thing is certain, if you want to make development permanent then infrastructure is the first thing needed.
- Physical infrastructure, social infrastructure should go hand in hand.
- My government’s intent is to make development permanent. We want to fulfil all dreams of the country.
- This bridge will bring Assam and Arunachal closer. 165 km distance shortened, hours of transit time saved – this opens new doors of economic prosperity.
- The ginger farmers of Sadiya will get a new market.
- This bridge will bring about a new economic revolution. The entire India is looking at this bridge today. They are proud that such a large project has been undertaken in India.
- If there is one region that has the most scope of contributing to India’s dream of unprecedented development, it is the east and the northeast.
- So we have always endeavoured to take development to new heights.
- Let alone the time, this bridge will save Rs. 10 lakh of fuel every day for the common man.
- We are working to give a thrust to waterways.
- This region can play a huge role in connecting India to South East Asia.
- We are working to make this region a hub of economic activity.
- Railways in the northeast hasn’t received as much attention as it should have.
- Due to connectivity problems, many Indians are unaware of how beautiful this place is. If we can make this a tourist hub, the economy of this region will benefit a lot.
- This bridge will now be known by the name of Bhupen Hazarika, the son of Brahmaputra who enchanted the world with his voice.
- I congratulate Sarbananda Sonowal and his team. In one year he has taken on so many difficult problems. It is really remarkable.